On Friday, we prepared mentally for a weekend full of rain. But we’ve barely noticed a drop from the sky. On Saturday, we took to a local river for some tubing with my mom and brother. We saw a couple turtles and filmed some fun GoPro shots. Overall, it was a very relaxing, peaceful day. I remember when I was little playing with a huge video recorder, the one that required you to insert a VHS and look through the telescoping eye piece to get your shot filmed and framed. And now I can do all that with a little cube in my palm.We have done most of the shopping and prep for the move. The clothes and knick knacks still need to get packed. And the goodbyes (for now) still need to be said. We’re heading out to Texas in two and a half weeks, and it feels like just yesterday that we were thinking about fixing up a home here in town.This week was full of good reads. Here’s a snapshot of the links/articles that I enjoyed:
- Jason (@jasonfieber) asks, “Shouldn’t the Joneses be Keeping up with Us?“
- FI Fighter (@FI_fighter) has a two-part series on how he became a millionaire by age 30 (here and here)
- Jana (@jvembuna) provides a thought experiment on valuation in “What is Growth Worth?“
- No More Waffles (@NoMoreWaffles) reminds us of an important tenet to hold on the path to FI.
- Tawcan (@tawcan) has a related post on the intersection of work and life and the path to FI.
- Dear Dividend (@DearDividend) summarizes dividend stocks on Loyal3 according to current yield.
Other Stuff That Made Me Think
- Joel Spolsky (@spolsky), CEO and owner of Stackoverflow, had this to say about changing their logo and meta to support the SCOTUS ruling #loveoverflows
- The Tote Bag published a fun short piece about odd jobs (see the comments). My favorite was “dream job – Taylor Swift back up dancer.”
- I haven’t been to the gym in several weeks, but I’m enjoying running.
- According to the Health App on my iPhone, I averaged 5.88 miles per day this week.
- The least I moved this week was Saturday: 0.7 mi (I did float a lot though :))
- The most I moved was Thursday: 15 mi
I’m hopefully going to get another run in before the weekend is all said an done. Looking forward to a busy/productive week.Have a good Sunday!Dylan